CURRICULUM for Babies through PreK
We believe that children learn through play.
PALS has a theme-based curriculum.
Teachers plan age-appropriate activities around these themes
and these Bible verses of the month:
• August – The Sea, the Beach & the World of Fish
“In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth.” Genesis 1:1
• September – Me & My Family, Apples & Fall
“The Lord is my Shepherd.” Psalm 23:1
• October – Fairy Tales and Plenty of Pumpkins
“Fear not, for I am with you.” Genesis 26:24
• November – Families, Cooking, and Thanksgiving
“I will give thanks to the Lord with all my heart.” Psalm 9:1
• December – Using My Senses & Unto Us a Child is Born
“Every good and perfect gift comes from God.” James 1:17
• January – Night & Day and Snow
“When I am afraid, I will trust in God.” Psalm 56:3
• February – Community Helpers & Valentines in the Mail
“Love one another.” I John 3:23
• March – The Forest & its Animals and Creepy Crawlies
“We love God, because He first loved us.” I John 4:19
• April – Spring, Weather, Gardens & Easter
“Even a child is known by what he does.” Proverbs 20:11
• May – Zoo Crew & Mothers
“Honor your father and your mother.” Exodus 20:12
Activities coordinated around each theme include
art, crafts, music, games, stories,
fine motor, large motor,
science, pre-math, social skills, and visual discrimination.
We balance the child’s need for free-play and creative choices
with his need for structure and teacher-directed play.
The amount of teacher-directed activity varies with the ages of the children.